It’s been almost a week since I posted my preamble to the Disco 100. Now I’m ready to get into the actual 100 songs that I think are the best the disco genre had to offer. As I mentioned previously, these are the songs that I think had the best combination of vocal and instrumental prowess, memorable melodies, and sheer ability to make your ass move involuntarily.
The disco era will also be the focus of today’s MisenPOPic Radio broadcast, so make sure you tune in to that at 6 PM EST tonight!
Anyway, moving forward with the list:
100. “I’ve Just Begun to Love You” by Dynasty (one of many great songs that the Solar label produced in the late Seventies and early Eighties)
99. “Boogie Wonderland” by Earth Wind & Fire featuring The Emotions
98. “Dance with Me” by Peter Brown and Betty Wright
97. “Ain’t Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)” by Joe Tex
96. “Born to Be Alive” by Patrick Hernandez (trivia: Madonna began her career as a backup singer for this guy!)
95. “More, More, More” by The Andrea True Connection (Andrea may have been the only porn actress to score a #1 single…I’ve actually seen some of her “work”!)
94. “The Love I Lost” by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes (feat. Teddy Pendergrass)
93. “Disco Nights (Rock Freak)” by GQ
92. “The Groove Line” by Heatwave
91. “I Need Your Lovin'” by Teena Marie
My list has been completed, but I don’t have a schedule for posting yet, so stay tuned for the next installment, whenever that may be!!!