(This podcast is in conjunction with our Facebook Page, SF Giants – Thompson 2 Clark.)
Last season, I wrote a lot about the Giants. In the midst of their second World Series championship in three years, I decided that I would write about every postseason game after it happened. They kept winning and I kept writing, even if I was up at all hours of the night. But it was fun, especially when they swept the Detroit Tigers to win the World Series.
This year? Not so much fun. And thus, not too many Sweet Chin Muzak posts.
We pray that all of their pain be champagne.
Rather than write a thousand words about why this team is so bad this season, I decided to call up @themarywalton so that we could talk about the season so far. It was quite a timely call too because it was only hours after news came out that fan favorite Brian Wilson was taking his talents to Hollywood.
We tried to keep our heads up about the season, knowing that winning two titles in three years means that we can’t complain about one bad season too much. We tried to call it like it is.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
– Brian Wilson going to the Dodgers and why fans went buckwild about the news
– Also, why it was the right move for the Giants to let him go
– If fans would feel differently if it wasn’t a fan favorite like Wilson
– Who has the best chances in our minds of being traded Wednesday
– Why Pablo Sandoval and Brandon Belt seem to be fan scapegoats
– Why GG despises Jeff Francoeur so much
– Some of the players on this roster who will be forgotten
– A look at who we think are the best teams in the AL and NL
– The Tim Lincecum no-hitter and how Barry Zito can help Mary win the bet
Give it a listen and let us know what you think!
(By the way, we apologize for the audio coming through hot at times.)
Right click to download or stream below.