Blerd Radio 2013 Episode 4: Blerd Radio Plays the Hits!by Popblerd Staff on Mar 6, 2013 • 9:00 am 6 Comments
This one’s for the music geeks:
Big Money, Dr. Gonzo, Mike D., and Michael P. discuss the evolution of the greatest hits album. What started them? Why are they popular? Which artists are best served by compilations? Which artists will never release a greatest hits album? Which artists have too many greatest hits albums?
Along the way, several tangents are explored, including:
One of us has smoked too much pot in his life to only own one Bob Marley album.
For all our freestyle fanatics, Stevie B. gets a shout out!
Anyone else know that U.K. band Squeeze re-recorded all their hit singles a few years ago?
Does anyone know that more recently, Toad the Wet Sprocket re-recorded all of their hit singles (plus a few key album tracks.)
Aunt Bunny fell down the steps!
Mike D. does a pretty good Billy Joel (speaking, not singing) impression.
The gorilla from the Rolling Stones “GRRRR” album has a name. And a twitter.
Why does anyone prefer Prince’s version of “Nothing Compares 2 U” to Sinead O’ Connor’s?
Also, there are dick jokes, Jay-Z stabbing jokes, and even a Clive Davis gay joke for your giggling pleasure.
- Blerd Radio 2014 | Episode 5: Michael Sam & Message Board Bitchassness
- Blerd Radio 2014 Episode 4: Stealing From The Game
- Blerd Radio 2014 | Episode 7: St. Patty’s Potpourri
- bLISTerd: 10 Great Songs That Originated On Greatest Hits Albums
- The Blerdist: May ’12, Episode II: “Star Wars Level Shit”
- Blerd Radio Season Whatever, Episode 2: The (Sort Of) Lost Episode