“How I Met Your Mother” has gone on for a season (or two) too long, so I’m not quite sure why I decided to watch last Monday’s episode. To be perfectly honest with you, I don’t even remember what the plot of the episode was (Oh, I remember now. Ted was banging Barney’s 20 year old half-sister. As you can tell, they’re starting to reach for plotlines,) but I do remember hearing a song that played towards the end of the episode that caught my ears. It sounded a little Ray LaMontagne-y, and as you may know, I love me some Ray.
Thanks to the magic of the internets (I went on Twitter and asked “hey, who sang that song on ‘How I Met Your Mother?’) I found out that the performers of the song (called “What Would I Do Without You”) are Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors.
A little bit of folk, a little bit of country, a little bit of pop and a little bit of singer/songwriter goodness adds up to a band I’m very interested in exploring further. I checked out an additional two songs on Spotify (“Fire & Dynamite” and “Someday”) and dug ‘em both. Doing some more research (looking them up on Facebook,) I found out that they have an album coming out at the end of February called Good Light (consider it bought,) and you can get a 6-song sampler of their music for the cost of NAME YOUR OWN DAMN PRICE right here. You can also purchase “What Would I Do Without You” (the song that initially piqued my curiosity) right chea.
Looking very much forward to hearing more music from these folks. You should check ‘em out.
Incoming search terms:
- drew holcomb how i met your mother
- how i met your mother drew holcomb
- Drew holcomb and the neighbors how I met your mother
- drew holcomb song on how i met your mother
- what would i do without you how i met your mother
- ray lamontagne how i met your mother
- drew holcomb & the neighbors how i met your mother
- what would i do without you drew holcomb how i met your mother
- live forever himym
- what episode did drew holcomb music play in how i met your mother