I hate to have to do this but…Dear Yesterday, F#ck You!
I didn’t promise that Songs in the Key of Life would be all positive. After all, life has its ups and then it has its downs.
Ever had a real f#cked up day when nothing goes right? You know, one of those days where you are just sh!t out of luck. Well guess what? Excuse me for not spewing out signals of hope here or words of wisdom there. I’m not in the mood. We all go through some stuff sometimes and just need to vent.
Misery loves company. I don’t want to hear that it will be OK. You know what I need? I need someone to feel my pain; be as f#cked up as I am in the moment. Relate to me. Don’t get on my last half of a nerve and try to cheer me up. Be my twin. This reminds me of a scene in Lethal Weapon 4 where Chris Rock (Detective Lee Butters) and Joe Pesci (Leo Getz) are sparring off at the mouth about related experiences with phone companies…dih dih dih dih four , dih dih dih dih five…watch the f#cking movie if u don’t know what I’m talking about!
I need someone to talk to me and tell me how fucked up my situation is and share with me how f#cked up they felt when they were going through the same thing. Don’t tell me how it gets better. Soothe my misery with the comfort that lets me know I’m not alone here. If not then save the speech and at least get me a drink; something extremely strong…Wait a sec…
And now a word from our sponsors… We at Popblerd are all responsible adults. We do not condone drinking and driving nor making any other intoxicated decisions that may lead to destruction. If you can not hold your liquor, please just be angry and skip the drink. Otherwise, please drink responsibility…
And now back to our scheduled program…
So back to you, Yesterday. I wrote down a list of things that had me pissed off at you:
1. Shut up!!! You had me at hello, you had me at hello…when I didn’t get enough sleep and those damn alarms went off in the morning. ( I don’t have a real alarm clock so I set my personal cellphone and work cellphone to wake me up. The kicker is they are not at arm’s length distance so I have to get up to turn them off; and they don’t stop on their own).
2. F#ck you for letting me have a work day from hell.
2. F#ck you for revealing to me that I need a new computer at a time when I really can’t afford one.
3. F#ck you for letting those salespeople at the store ignore me when they could have earned a big commission for the sale..actually thank you for now but f#ck you later on.
4. F#ck you for allowing the train car that I was on to be crowded with little circulation of air; plus not being able to move to another car because it was rush hour.
5. F#ck you for letting the shooting around the Empire State Building take place. That was really f#cked up of you.
6. F#ck you for allowing E-ZPass to increase the amount they take out of my account for future toll. I needed that money to get me through the rest of the week.
Oh before I forget…7.F#ck you for letting Randy Orton lose the #1 contender’s match for the championship again Alberto Del Rio (WTF!!!).
However, thank you for resting so today can treat me better!
To all of you, thanks for letting me vent. Until next time; hopefully when I’m in a better mood. If not, if you read my last post, I told you I’m only human.