If you did not know this about me, I am Team Liam all the way. “The Death Of You And Me”, the first single from Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds does not present a strong enough case for me to switch sides anytime soon.
It’s not that “The Death…” is a bad song, it’s just that I expect so much more from Noel. This sounds like a refined b-side from Don’t Believe The Truth, paired up with “Lyla” or “The Importance Of Being Idle” perhaps?
This album is either going to prove which Gallagher is the better musician once and for all or prove that the Gallagher’s can’t make good music without one another. There’s still time before Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds releases their debut in October so we’ll have to wait until then to find out who the real winner is.
- Spin Cycle: Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
- The Viewfinder: Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, “Everybody’s On The Run”
- The Singles Bar: Noel Gallagher wins the battle of the brothers with second single
- bLISTerd Presents: Jesse’s Top 11 Albums of 2011
- Oasis 2.0
- New Release Report 11/8/11: Life Begins at “Now 40”